Press and Publications
Featured press articles and reviews alongside our published research papers.
- Arts & Humanities Research Council, The Impact of Research, April 2014-March 2015, features an article on Riot 1831, page 11.
- Fleming, T. 2016. Digital R&D Fund for the Arts: Evaluation features a case study of Riot 1831, page 35.
- NATIVE magazine features articles and interviews with the Riot1831 team and learning insights gained during the project.
- Narrative Approaches to Design Multi-screen Augmented Reality Experiences Conference Paper by Roma Patel and Deborah Tuck, Published online by the BCS: The Chartered Institute for IT, in the series: Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC) Electronic Visualisation and the Arts (EVA 2014)
- Tuck, D. and Patel, R. 2014. Augmented Reality Storytelling Application for Riot 1831 Exhibition. Demo presented at: Conference: Digital Economy 2014, At Imperial College London, London UK, December 3-5.
In the Press
- Nottingham Post – Getting smart and reading the Riot Act against ‘boring history’ at castle, March 24 2014
- BBC News- Adrian Davies talks about the Project to the BBC October 11 2013
- Nottingham Post – See the flames as iPads bring night of castle fire to life, October 7 2013
- The Theme Park Investigator pays the Exhibition Trip Report: Nottingham Castle
- Nottingham Post- Mark Patterson reviews the exhibition: Project – Riot 1831, Nottingham Castle, July 10 2014
- Museums and Heritage Website, Live theatre and cinema meet augmented reality at Nottingham Castle, An article published on the , Features Section of Museums + Heritage Website.
- Museum Journal Blog- features Riot1831 project alongside other Digital R&D projects, Digital Developments by Rebecca Atkinson